CRM Mitchell1 2022-06-08T21:59:46+00:002007 MINI Cooper CRM Mitchell1 2022-06-08T21:59:46+00:00
- FOUND: verified concern found code p0340 stored in PCM. conected lab scope to camshaft position sensor and found erratic signals when engine was operating, replaced camshaft position sensor, however after 3 keys cycles problem returned. removed valve cover to inspect timing chain guides for known issue of failure and found upper timing guide to have broken entirely off. fished out all broken pieces and timing chain will need to be replaced
- removed and replaced timing chain, during service, timing tool requires pin to be inserted into flywheel to lock crankshaft while chain is off, flywheel dowel was missing, aftermarket flywheel had previously been installed and a single mass flywheel was used instead of the OEM dual mass flywheel, flywheel was replaced and vehicle was properly timed, test drove, no issues
- REMOVE AND REPLACE MOTOR OIL AND OIL FILTER, LUBE CHASSIS WHERE APPLICABLE, CHECK TIRE PRESSURE AND ALL FLUID LEVELS.
- Hazardous Waste Disposal Fee (Cal)
- performed 42 point inspection and provide details to customer
- improper flywheel was installed, removed and installed OEM flywheel that was borrowed so engine could be timed properly. old flywheel was then re-installed and reused. starter does not mesh well with the currently flywheel and needed to be adjusted several times. after adjusting it worked as intended and no other actions need to be taken
Manuel s. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/6/2022